The Accounting Specialist possesses fundamental accounting principles and has the ability to communicate clearly, as well as following detailed instructions and executing complex tasks independently. The Accounting Specialist will execute all accounting operational functions, manage financial data and supports the budget process. The Accounting Specialist functions as the Human Resources contact for benefits, employee relations and recruiting, maintain employee files and provides office organization.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Case Queue – “Accounting Open”
- Accounts Payable
- Payables Tab (Cash Disbursements)
- ACH Transactions
- PBM Period Close
- Accounting Period Close
- Education: A.S. Degree preferred in business or accounting preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 years experience in accounting operations with a focus on
- accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Other Competencies & Skills:
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Problem Awareness/Anticipation — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Ability to professionally represent the organization in communications with people outside the organization in person, in writing, by telephone or email.
- Communicating with Persons inside the Organization — Ability to professionally present information to supervisors and co-workers in person, in writing, by telephone or email.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Ability to keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
- Processing Information — Ability to compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit or verify information/data.
- Background Checks/Licensing Requirements: NOTARY (recommended)
|Type of employment||Full Time|
|Compensation||45,000 to 55,000 annually|